Monday 5 March 2012

Drama


I have always assumed maybe quite  naively that a forum was a place to discuss, celebrate and even criticise. I thought it was a place where you could be yourself including having your own beliefs about certain subjects. For example ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING. I'm very vocal about my feelings concerning this subject, over the years I have learnt enough to put me in the mindset that uploading and sharing other people's work is wrong and it's especially wrong when the group/singer in question are very much against it as well. It is disrespectful.  I will always call people out if they've done wrong, this isn't for the approval of anyone, it's just how I feel. 


Why the hell should I be silent if I discover someone who claims to be a fan is sharing a groups new single or an unreleased song around the internet ? 


Unfortunately my being vocal about this subject has riled a few people up.


I don't do these things to seek the approval of anyone, I do not do things to try and worm my way into someone else's world. I've learnt on my internet travels that people assume there is an ulterior motive for the things people do quite often.


I am especially upset about this:










This person was caught out sharing an unreleased song which he had no right sharing and I called him out on that, I wasn't nasty just annoyed (I called him out a couple of years ago for sharing a band's new single and he was almost as nasty, maybe I should have learnt my lesson that time) . I don't really know this person but what worried me most about this was that he named someone who I thought I was friendly with, I started overthinking. What if the person named really thought that about me ? What if that's what a lot of people really thought about me ? Do I want this reputation ? 


I am one of those people who worries all the time about what others think of me, I think it stems from being bullied at senior school. It's something I've never been able to shake off and I hate it. 


The trouble with the internet is it's very easy for people to play chinese whispers and it's very hard to convince people you are not anything like what those whispers are implying. 


Just because I care about something or I am very against something.


It doesn't make me some kind of nutter.




But I've been bitten twice now so I don't think I'll bother again.






Just for the record...I'm not a psycho stalker, if you believe that about me then you don't even know me and your friendship is void.

No comments:

Post a Comment