Monday 26 March 2012

Spammed !

My email account was hacked this morning at around 3AM. It sent out hundreds of spam emails advertising some scammers work at home crap.

As a result access to my main email account has been blocked and I cannot remember the answer to my secret question ! Now I have to wait 24 hours until I can try and gain access again.

All morning I've been changing passwords on all my online accounts, I have run a hundred and one virus checks and checks to ensure my laptop has not become a botnet. Nothing. I don't think I've ever had a virus on my laptop. I don't download things from dubious sources, in fact I only download programmes from trusted sources like Filehippo. I don't visit dubious sites or click dodgy links...especially on Facebook.


So at this moment I put the blame solely on AOL who are my email provider (I have a unique domain name email and not @aol.com).

It's annoying more than anything because jobs I have applied for have only that email address because it's on my CV. I have changed my CV to my back up email for now.







UPDATE: I was finally able to access my email today (1st April).......173 unread...yowch

No comments:

Post a Comment